- UBC Mining Graduate Program Advisor
- Supervisor:Surface Chemistry Laboratory
- Member of the University Graduate Council
- Representative of the Faculty of Applied Science to the Faculty of Science
B.Sc. in Chemistry (specialization: environmental and colloid chemistry), Maria Curie- Sklodowska University, Lublin (Poland), 1994.
Ph.D. in Mineral Processing Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, 2002.
Marek Pawlik teaches a third year course on froth flotation (MINE 333) and a fourth year course on coal preparation (MINE 462). In addition, he offers two graduate-level courses on advanced coal preparation (MINE 566) and fine particle processing (MINE 572). He also provides consulting services to the industry on the various aspects of fine particle processing. Since 2002, he has authored or co-authored over 30 refereed journal and conference articles.
- Interparticle and interfacial phenomena
- Froth flotation
- Surface chemistry
- Adsorption of polymers and surfactants
- Process water and reagent chemistry
- Rheology of mineral suspensions