- University of California, Los Angeles, 1982, B.S. Kinesiology (Integrated Biology and Physiology)
- California State University Northridge, 1989, M.S. Health Science
- University of Utah, Department of Mining Engineering:
- Western Mining Presidential Endowed Chair in Mine Safety 2011 – 2015
- Associate Professor, 2011- 2015
- Director, Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence 2012 – 2015
- University of Utah, College of Medicine, Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational & Environmental Health:
- Adjunct Lecturer, 2010 – 2016
- SSR Mining Inc, Vancouver BC, VP Safety & Health
- KGHM International Ltd, Vancouver, BC, SVP, Health, Safety & Environment
- Dyno Nobel Ltd, Salt Lake City, UT, SVP, Health, Safety, Environment, Risk & Sustainability
- Rinker Materials Inc, West Palm Beach, FL, VP, Health & Safety
- Phelps Dodge Inc, Phoenix, AZ, Director, Health & Safety
- Member, Safety Committee, Canadian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy, 2019 – present
- Chairman, International Academy of Mining Safety & Health of SME (IAMSH-SME), 2017 – 2018
- Reviewer, Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 2014
- Member, Utah Mine Safety Technical Advisory Council, Utah Labor Council, 2013 – 2015
- Reviewer, Risk Analyst, 2012
- Member, U.S. NIOSH, National Occupational Research Agenda, Mining Sector Council, 2012 – present
- Member, Board of Governors, SAFEX International, Geneva, Switzerland, 2008 – 2010
- Trustee, American Industrial Hygiene Foundation, 2004 – 2007
- Director & Treasurer, American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), 1997 – 2003
- Chairman, Employer Group, Meeting of Experts on Safety & Health in Non-Ferrous Metals Industries, ILO, Geneva, Switzerland, 2001
- Advisory Board, Western Mining Resource Center, Colorado School of Mines, 2000 – 2002
- Member, CDC, NIOSH, Mining Health & Safety Research Advisory Committee, 2000 – 2003
- • Reviewer, Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 2000
- • Editorial Review Board Member, American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 1995 – 2001
- • Reviewer, American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 1993 – 2000
- Hethmon TA, Edelman PA, 1993, Sick Building Syndrome, New England Journal of Medicine, 329: 503 – 504.
- Hethmon T A, Ludlow S K, 1997, 1995, Comparison of Air Sampling Methodologies for Sulfuric Acid Mist in Copper Electrowinning: Field Evaluation and Development of a New Method. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on the Health of Miners, Applied Environmental and Occupational Hygiene, 12 (12): 1041 – 1046.
- Hethmon T A, 1997, Development of an Industrial Hygiene Program at a New Large Copper Mine in Chile. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on the Health of Miners, Applied Environmental and Occupational Hygiene, 12(12): 900 – 905.
- Hethmon T A, Dotson, K B, 1997, ‘Chapter 74, 74.18 – 74.21: Mining and Quarrying: Surface Mining.’ ILO Encyclopedia of Occupational Health and Safety, 4th Ed, ILO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Hethmon, TA, Muranko, HJ, 1999, “Industrial Hygiene Abroad: Occupational Hygiene” Patty’s Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, 5th Ed, Vol 4, Wiley-Interscience, NY, NY.
- Borak J, Cohen HJ, Hethmon, TA, 2000, Copper Exposure and Metal Fume Fever: Lack of Evidence for a Causal Relationship. American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 61(6): 831-836.
- Muranko H J, Hethmon TA, Smith, RG, 2001, Total and Respirable Dust Exposures in the U.S. Carbon Black Manufacturing Industry. American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 62(1): 98 – 103.|
Hethmon TA, Doane CW, 2003, Chapter Two: “Health and Safety Management” Mine Health and Safety Management, SME, Denver CO.
- Greenberg D, Hethmon, T, Burgess, J, 2003, Chapter 46. “Mining Industry” In: Occupational, Industrial and Environmental Toxicology, 2nd Ed, Mosby, Philadelphia, PA.
- Hethmon TA, 2018, Chapter 3: “Zero Harm Coal Mining” In: Advances in Productive, Safe, and Responsible Coal Mining. Elsevier Woodhead. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Hethmon T, 2018, “Body of Knowledge for Mining Safety and Health Management” Mining Engineering. SME, Denver, CO, 6:41 – 43.